CHICAGO, IL (November 1, 2018) – Swedish Covenant Hospital and all of its affiliated entities are now a part of Swedish Covenant Health.
This new name encapsulates the many ways the organization has evolved over the past 132 years, growing beyond a leading hospital and into a health-care system offering a wide range of health and wellness services to Chicago’s north and northwest sides, hospital officials said.
The Swedish Covenant Health name was chosen to represent the distinct organizations.
- Swedish Covenant Hospital, offering more than 50 academic-level medical specialties
- Swedish Covenant Medical Group, employing more than 150 board-certified physicians and advanced practice providers
- Galter LifeCenter, Chicago’s only certified medical fitness center
- Swedish Covenant Hospital Foundation, the fundraising arm that supports many key programs that benefit our community
- Swedish Covenant Physician Partners, a clinically integrated managed-care organization that participates in many insurance plans
While the name is changing, the organization is not changing ownership. It is operated by Covenant Ministries of Benevolence of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
“As Swedish Covenant Health, our mission is to serve the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of our diverse community with professional excellence and human kindness,” said Anthony Guaccio, president and CEO of Swedish Covenant Health (SCH). “We will accomplish our mission by implementing our vision of being our community’s first-choice provider and partner in health and wellness.”
The announcement was recently communicated to SCH’s approximately 3,000 employees, staff, and volunteers. Installation of new signage has begun and will continue with a launch campaign theme of “All Together Better.”