Fire Causes Extensive Smoke Damage

CLEAR LAKE, WA (March 31, 2016) — The Community Covenant Church building sustained extensive smoke damage when a fire broke out this morning, said Greg Yee, superintendent of the Pacific Northwest Conference. No one was injured.

Firefighters responded to the incident around 6:15 a.m.

“It appears the fire was contained mostly to the janitorial closet,” Yee said. He added that firefighters had to break down a door as well as cut a hole in the roof to get water inside.

The fire started in an electrical in the woman’s bathroom, Yee said.

Plans for Sunday worship have not been determined.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About the Author

Stan Friedman is the news and online editor for the Covenant Companion and is grateful for the opportunity to serve in a job that combines his newspaper and pastoral ministry experience. He has been to 15 Bruce Springsteen concerts in four cities and listened to “Thunder Road” an average of at least once a day for 41 years.

Author Archive Page

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *