15 Churches Removed from Membership Roster

IRVINE, CA (June 22, 2012) – Fifteen churches from six conferences were removed from denominational membership during the 127th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Covenant Church.

Most of the congregations listed actually closed over the past several years, but had not been officially removed from the denominational membership roster.

Central Conference

Glenview Covenant Church, Glenview, Illinois, closed. The church joined the Covenant in 1944 and had 30 members when it closed.

Morningside Covenant Church, Rockford, Illinois, closed. The church joined the Covenant in 1947 and had 10 members when it closed.

Christ Evangelical Covenant Church, Carol Stream, Illinois, joined the Covenant in 1981 and had a peak membership of fewer than 50 people.

Midwest Conference

Swede Bend Evangelical Covenant Church, Stratford, Iowa, closed. The church was organized in 1868 and joined the denomination in 1885. It had six members when the church closed.

Great Lakes Covenant Church

Cedar Creek Evangelical Covenant Church, Twin Lake, Michigan, closed. The church joined the denomination in 1960 and had nine members when it closed.

Estonian Evangelical Covenant Church, Toronto, Canada, closed. It joined the Covenant in 1950 and had 13 members when it closed.

Pacific Southwest Conference

Fuentes de Esperanza Covenant Church, Lompoc, California, closed. The church joined the denomination in 2003. It had a peak membership of 115.

Midsouth Conference

Mission Covenant Church, Houston, Texas, closed. The church joined the Covenant in 1986 members and had 33 members when it closed.

Northwest Conference

Community Covenant Church, Brainerd, Minnesota, closed. The church joined the Covenant in 1895. It had a peak membership of 95.

BridgePoint Covenant Church, Eagan, Minnesota, merged with Crossroads Church of Woodbury. The church was originally called Vision of Hope Evangelical Covenant Church and joined the Covenant in 1986.

Lake Chippewa Covenant Church, Garfield, Minnesota, closed. The church joined in 1901 and had a peak membership of 83.

Evangelical Covenant Church, Hallock, Minnesota, closed. It joined the Covenant in 1940 and had a peak membership of around 50.

Spring Lake Covenant Church, Arlington, South Dakota, closed. It joined the Covenant in 1893 and had a peak membership of 27.

Living Stones Covenant Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota, closed. It joined the Covenant in 2010 and had 50 members when it closed.

Pine Valley Covenant Church, Cloquet, Minnesota, closed. The church, formerly Bethany Covenant Church, joined the denomination in 1936 and had a peak membership of 100.

Hope Community Covenant Church, Lake Worth, Florida, closed. It joined the Covenant in 1994 and had a peak membership of 150.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

No Comments

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *