ESTES PARK, CO (June 30, 2011) – Delegates to the 126th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC) approved a $21.3 million Mission and Ministry Budget for 2012.
The budget format reflects the work of all mission and ministry initiatives, including core operating budget ministries, but also affiliated ministries such as Covenant World Relief, Paul Carlson Partnership, Sustaining Pastoral Excellence, Covenant Orientation, short-term and project missionaries, and missionary in-country projects, among others. Click here for video coverage.
During his presentation, Treasurer Dean Lundgren referenced Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future.” He added, “This budget focuses on providing those resources for that hope and future.”
Mission and Ministry Budget allocations for 2011 and the percentage of the budget each represents include:
- World Mission – $9.5 million (43.5 percent)
- Compassion, Mercy, and Justice – $4.1 million (19.1 percent)
- Church Growth and Evangelism – $3.55 million (16.6 percent)
- Ordered Ministry – $1.72 million (8 percent)
- Christian Formation – $1.25 million (6 percent)
- North Park University and Theological Seminary – $1.14 (5.4 percent)
Because the work of the Department of Communication and General Administration serve all ministry areas, those two areas of expense are allocated to the various ministry initiatives commensurate with the contributions made in each ministry area. Those two areas continue to manage individual departmental budgets as do the other ministry areas, however.
Revenue to support the 2011 Mission and Ministry Budget is projected to come from the following sources, expressed in percentage terms:
- Local church giving – 41 percent
- Directed individual and church giving – 32 percent
- Transfers – 12 percent
- Individuals – 7 percent
- Communication sales – 2 percent
- Other support – 12 percent