The team is scheduled to work in Port-au-Prince and the surrounding area. Experience in disaster relief or Third World countries is preferred, but it is not required. For more information and to volunteer, contact David Husby, director of Covenant World Relief by email or calling 773-907-3372.
In figures released this month, Medical Teams International said funds contributed from Covenant World Relief are helping to provide much-needed care.
- Mobile medical units have been deployed to various tent cities and rural communities serving nearly 23,000 people.
- More than $5 million worth of supplies and medicines have been used to treat 162,000 people.
- Prosthetics and rehabilitation have been provided to 1,600 Haitians left disabled by the earthquake.
- Critically ill and injured people have been transported to the United States for lifesaving treatment.
- A curriculum for dealing with psychosocial disaster trauma has been developed and approved by the Haitian Ministry of Health.